At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Data Analyst within PNC's Enterprise Data Provisioning (EDP) organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH or Charlotte, NC. The position is primarily based in a PNC location. Responsibilities require time in the office or in the field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities may be performed remotely, at the manager’s discretion.
As a Data Analyst, you will be a member of the Enterprise Data Ingestion and Integration team whose mission is to bridge the gap between Business and Technology to facilitate the alignment, completeness and coverage of release management, requirements management, change management, access management, and production services for the applications we are the business owners for, as well as the capabilities and services we provide to the enterprise.
Core responsibilities may include:
- Providing support to management, line of business users, data scientists, data engineers, and analysts for Enterprise Initiatives
- Data requirement tracking from creation through to testing for successful ingest/integration of new data related to Enterprise Initiatives
- Documenting/Communicating impacts to Enterprise Ecosystem related to new or changing data
- Providing support to downstream users to obtain downstream user readiness acceptance and sign-off
- Metadata management
- Assisting in the collaboration with other cross-functional teams by collecting requirements and information needed for the design of Tableau dashboards supporting the Enterprise Data Provisioning’s (EDP) current Enterprise initiatives and Proof of Concept (POC) examples ensuring understanding and agreement prior to obtaining customer approvals for warehouse changes and/or downstream reporting
- Supporting downstream consumers for Regulatory and Finance Data Provisioning projects, where you will analyze the data requirements and create source to target mappings as per business requirements and support testing on behalf of applications
- Assisting in the collaboration with other cross-functional teams and their downstream data consumers by collecting requirements and information needed for the design of proof of concept (POC) data examples, ensuring understanding and agreement prior to obtaining customer approval for warehouse changes
Due to the nature of this position, we are seeking candidates who have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze data. Preferred candidates will have experience in analytics and should have an understanding of programming languages such as SQL or SAS, in addition to experience with Python, and Tableau. Ideal candidates will have a familiarity with Enterprise Data Ecosystem, as well as experience with ETL tools, data warehouses, and Teradata/Hadoop/Oracle. Additionally, ideal candidates will be capable of presenting concepts and communicating technical content to general audiences, documenting technical requirements as well as possess the ability to effectively manage and prioritize projects in a fast paced environment.
- Provides support to the business and other internal IT organizations regarding data definition standards, architectures, and policies.
- Provides support to business users for mining and interpretation of warehoused and operational data.
- Plans and performs activities regarding designed data models for systems development.
- Resolves metadata and data sourcing problems. Maintains metadata and data dictionaries.
- Manages data definitions and data traceability within data repository to improve documentation and coordination.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Core Application Systems – Knowledge of major production application systems used for delivery of services to internal and external clients; ability to leverage said applications for use in diverse situations.
Data Administration – Knowledge of and the ability to manage an organization's architectures, data resources, polices, practices and procedures to appropriately and effectively address business and stakeholder's needs.
Database Structures – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data in a particular manner.
Data Warehousing – Knowledge of how to collect data from different information sources and distribute them to users; ability to use this information to simplify information systems and make sound business decisions.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Information Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Logical Data Modeling – Knowledge of and the ability to identify, create and document activities, tasks, processes and data requirements for a particular system under design.
Query and Database Access Tools – Knowledge of and the ability to use, support and access facilities for extracting and formatting a database management system.
Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at . Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
PNC Financial Services