For Windows users, the process of installing Python on their computer can seem daunting. However, with the right guidance, it can be done with ease. In this article, we will provide instructions on how to install Python on Windows, so that you can start using this powerful programming language in your projects.
How to Install Python on Windows
To install Python on Windows, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Python website and navigate to the download page.
- Select the appropriate version of Python based on your Windows operating system.
- Click the
Downloadbutton and wait for downloading python for windows.
- Once downloaded, run the Python installer by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
Once you have installed Python on your Windows system, you can check windows python version by opening a command prompt and typing
With these simple steps, you can install Python on your Windows system and start using it for your programming needs.
How to Run Python on Windows
To run Python on Windows, you need to install Python and set up the environment variables. Follow these steps -
- Download the latest version of Python from the official website and install it on your Windows computer.
- Add the Python installation path to the System Environment Variables. This will allow you to run a python script on any directory on your system without having to specify the full path.
- Open the Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + R and type cmd, then press Enter.
- Navigate to the directory containing your Python script using the 'cd' command.
- To run a Python script, type python scriptname.py , then press Enter.
With these steps, you can easily run a Python script on Windows.
Add Python to Windows Path
To add Python to Windows Path, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and search for
- Click on
Edit the system environment variables
- Click on
Environment Variablesnear the bottom right corner of the window that appears
- Under the
System Variablessection, scroll down and find
Pathand click on
- Click on
Newand enter the path to your Python installation directory
OKon each window to save the changes
By adding the Python path in Windows, it will be easier to access and execute Python scripts from any directory on your computer.