Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
Main location: India, Tamil Nadu, Chennai
Position ID: J1123-1682
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed.
We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No unsolicited agency referrals, please.
Job Title: Automation Python Backend Testing
Position: Automation Python Backend Testing
Experience: 4 to 8 Years
Main location: Chennai/Bangalore
Position ID: J1123-1682
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Should have experience in Database testing & ETL testing with data validation experience using Python, Pandas
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills and should be able to interact with client and Agile work experience is must.
- Should have min 2 years of experience in BDD/Cucumber.
- Should have experience in developing/enhancing the frame works like Data/keyword driven and Hybrid framework using Selenium or BDD/Cucumber.
- Should have experience GUI, Smoke, Regression, Retesting, Build acceptance, verification, Adhoc testing, Database testing and exploratory testing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 4+ years of experience who can independently drive Automation Framework for customers.
- Must have - Work as an individual contributor towards the project deliverables.
- Must have - QA with strong automation experience and In-depth hands-on skills on Python.
- Must have - Proven experience with writing SQL logics.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with the creation, execution, and maintenance of automated scripts.
- Coordinate with the onsite lead and provide updates regularly.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and Good Analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Functional Testing
- Waterfall Model
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes.
We call our employees "members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.