Database Specialist, Application and Python Automation Engineer
JOB TITLE: Database Specialist, Application and Python Automation Engineer
JOB CODE: DO009
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Versa was founded in the year 2012 by industry veterans Kumar Mehta and Apurva Mehta and is backed by premier venture investors Sequoia, Mayfield, Artis Ventures, and Verizon Ventures. Versa was formed with the vision of "Transforming the business of networking". We provide a cloud IP software platform that transforms network and security infrastructure for enterprises and service providers. The goal of the Versa Cloud IP Platform is to provide unprecedented business advantages through a software-based approach that allows for unmatched agility, cost savings and flexibility. We are currently one of the industry leaders in SDWAN, SASE and Cloud Security.
SUMMARY ABOUT THE JOB ROLE
We are looking for Application Support Engineers for Versa’s Analytics Platform who can work on implementing tools and troubleshooting issues in production environments. Candidate should have hands on experience working on Linux based systems and big database technologies. Candidate needs to work closely with module developers/engineering and QA teams to reproduce issues reported by customers along with debugging/troubleshooting the various application interfaces.
B.E/B.Tech or higher degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
5+ years of hands on experience from product based background
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with Python scripting and automation
- Should have experience in Debugging and Troubleshooting server/application related issues and Database issues (Cassandra/Solr experience is a plus)
- Should be competent on Linux OS, specifically understanding of the kernel, file-system and threading
- Must have Debugging skills on OS, Cron jobs, Automation suites
- Hands-on with DevOps tools like Ansible/docker/Atlassian – should have some experiences setting up Ansible playbooks
- Understanding of tcp/ip stack on the server and the various networking modules is a plus
- Should have exposure to Apache/Tomcat web-services, Java, REST